Declaration on accessibility
University of Bayreuth
The website partly complies with § 1 BayBITV. The non-compliant web pages are listed below.
Content not accessible barrier-free:
- The homepages lack information in plain language and sign language.
Alt attributes for images, tables, controls, and layout graphics are sometimes missing on the pages.
- There may be errors in the content hierarchy or links may be incomprehensible.
- Not all documents are available in a barrier-free version.
- There are currently no complete audio descriptions, full-text alternatives, or subtitles available for embedded videos.
- Contrast levels in texts and operating elements are only sufficient in part.
- Displayed content can only be partially operated with the keyboard - not all areas can be skipped.
- Alternative access routes are lacking in part.
- The assignment of table cells is also missing.
- The labelling of form elements cannot be determined programmatically.
- Keyboard shortcuts cannot be disabled or customized.
- Moving content cannot be switched off.
- Words and sections in other languages are not marked up.
Justification for inaccessible content:
As a university we have an extensive and diverse online presence. This was largely released before 23 September 2018 and consequently does not correspond to the current standard of barrier-free accessibility. The conversion of the standard pages to a barrier-free website will take place over the next few months.
Notification of inaccessible content:
We strive, within the confines of what is currently technically possible, to achieve barrier-free accessibility. If you still have problems reading content, please inform us via email@example.com.
If a request for contact remains unanswered in whole or in part for six weeks, the Landesamt für Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung (State Office for Digitisation, Broadband and Surveying) shall, at the request of the user, determine whether measures are necessary in connection with the monitoring of the obligated party.
Landesamt für Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung
Phone: +49 (0)89 2129-1111
Fax: +49 (0)89 2129-1113
Other help services offered by the University of Bayreuth
Office of the Commissioner for Students with Disabilities and Chronic Illnesses (BECKS)
Head of Office: Dr. Ulf Vierke
You can contact BECKS at:
Phone: +49 (0)921 / 55-4506
Representative for University of Bayreuth staff with disabilities
You can find contacts here: