University of Bayreuth, Press Release No 133/2021 22 September 2021
"Mouse Door Opener Day" at the Collaborative Research Centre for Microplastics and the Ecological Botanical Garden at the University of Bayreuth
Nationwide "Mouse Door Opener Day" on October 3rd - also in Bayreuth. The Collaborative Research Centre Microplastics and the Ecological Botanical Garden of the University of Bayreuth invite preschool and primary school children to look behind the doors of the laboratories. There they can discover what microplastics are and what happens to them in the environment. They can feel for themselves what properties soils have and learn about animals that occur in soils and waters. Participation is only possible after registration at firstname.lastname@example.org, the number of places is limited!
The "Sendung mit der Maus" programme ensures that children can experience crazy ideas, interesting plans, exciting projects and much more under the motto "Hello Future" - this year for the first time also on the campus of the University of Bayreuth: its Collaborative Research Centre Microplastics and its Ecological Botanical Garden and many young scientists join in the hands-on day!
During a two-hour visit, the children can do their own experiments, explore biotic communities and search for microplastics. Using living insects, the transport of microplastics into our environment and their food will be vividly explained. This gives the children a unique insight into research at the University of Bayreuth. "With our research, we are committed to a more sustainable and future-proof world," says Prof. Christian Laforsch, spokesperson of the Collaborative Research Centre Microplastics, "so we are all the more pleased if we can also get ‚Maus‘ fans excited about the topic of microplastics and healthy ecosystems on Door Opener Day."
- Sunday 03 October 2021 - Due to the already high demand, we are offering additional dates on 04 and 05 October 2021. Pre-school groups and primary school classes are also very welcome on the morning dates.
- 10:00-12:00 and 13:00-15:00 - limited number of participants!
- Cedar House, Ecological Botanical Garden, University of Bayreuth
- Registration at: email@example.com
- Information and a film about the UBT's offer can be found here: https://www.wdrmaus.de/tuer_oeffner_tag/2021/index.php5?detail=717906